August 2014 Core Meeting Minutes
Monday, August 4, 2014 in Mary Immaculate Auditorium Room #1
Present: Azucena Bonillas, Joseph Montoya, Jorge Ortiz, Francisco Villalva, Anthony Reil, Francisca Aguirre, Marcella Martinez, Heidi Rajput , Joe Torres, Ted Valle, Cece Baragan
Absent: Fr. Jack, Eddie Real
Opening Prayer Anthony Reil
- Song Heidi Rajput – Your Love – Brandon Heaths
2- Meditation: Francisco Villalva
- Francisco made a flyer and newsletter based on the men’s upcoming retreat and the Gospels reading for that Sunday. During his reflection he talked about the early start of the ACTS Ministry and its humble beginnings. Part of his reflection focused on the Holy Spirit and the inspiration it gave the early start of our ministry and how it continues to lead us today and how it actively it is working in our very own life’s.
3- Review of Last Meeting’s Minutes: Azucena motions to accept June minutes and Cece seconds the motion. Minutes for July were approved by Core.
4- Open Floor for Non-Core Members:
- Lydia Carrizoza wanted to get information regarding the next womans director nominations and if meeting will be open for those nominations. Joseph gave Lydia explanation of process. Meeting is closed on nominations until the Pastors view names and give blessing on names and then names are made public.
5- New Buisness:
- Joseph discussed upcoming training at Azusa Pacific University for ACTS Missions Leadership and some logistics that need to be discussed prior to training.
- Potluck Dinner at Saint Francis of Rome for Friday August 15th, 2014 for Jose Manual welcome from ACTS Missions.
- Proposed Calendar and Dates:
- October 25, 2014 – Fundraiser Bunko – Saint Fernindad
- November 1, 2014 – Core Day Retreat – Nordhoff House
- November 8, 2014 – Fundraising Dance for 5 Year Anniversary Celebration – Saint Ferdinand
- January 10, 2015 – Core Day Retreat
- March 14, 2015 – Full Community Gathering
- August 15, 2015 – Core Day Retreat
- October 3, 2015 – Full Community Gathering
- Formations for Teams will now be conducted on Wednesdays for both Men and Woman and this will be the only day available unless Director has special request which must be approved by Core. Marcella motions we accept Wednesday for formation and Cece seconds, Core approves the motion. Thursday will be the day used for both Men and woman alternating for Small Christian Communities gatherings. Francisca motions to accept 1st and 3rd Thursday for SCC and Azucena seconds motion. Core accepts and approves the process for alternating the SCC and Faith sharing groups.
6- Coordinators Reports:
- Anthony Reil discussed a concern with the revenues of the retreat cost and request a special meeting with Joseph to go over the Excel Spreadsheet and some discrepancies and understanding the spreadsheet to keep track. The cost of retreat was $12,616 and our budget was for only $10,000.
- Francisco Villalva discussed the possibility of using a new bus company and is still in negotiations. August 30th inventory for Men’s team will be held on this date. All team leaders and ministry leaders will be present.
- Joe Torres and Carlos Martinez have turned in their Team reports with a copy provided to each parish for Core. Carlos did not include the budget as they still need to meet with their leaders and get the final numbers. Joseph explained that until they get these reports checks cannot be dispersed. Directors have to approve reimbursements receipts that will be turned into Core.
- Carmen Pernudi needs to have a meeting with Anthony for some accountability on the 72 disciples to reconcile accounts and funds processed.
7- Core and Director Nominations:
- Closed session and Core will be submitting names for consideration to both to the Pastors.
7-Closing Prayer/Song: Closing Prayer – Cece Barragan – Heidi Rajput – No Song Played